I rarely post on here. But to my 15+ subs, you're all so very cute! I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Loudita. Cutest Houstonian blogger out there. I'm gathering your vintage goodies as my free days go on, woman. I'm excited! Anyhow. Let's get started. Because I'm excited. Be excited with me!
All Images made by Kitty
Here is a description of the award:The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
1. Link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Post 11 things about yourself
3. Answer the questions that the tagger sets for you, plus create 11 new questions for the people you've tagged to answer
4. Choose 11 people and link them in your post
5. Go to their page and tell them
6. No tag backs!
1. The first thing that comes to mind is CATS. I love cats. There literally has not been a single day in my life when i was without a cat. I grew up with a cat who passed away when we were both fourteen. But yes. CATS, y'all!!
2. I've got clothes everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
3. I'm currently obsessed with Instagram and acquiring a 3D iphone cat case.
4. As much as I get questioned about my race, I still don't have an answer. What am I?!
5. When I was younger, Spanish was my go-to language. Now, my brain has managed to throw every Spanish word out the membrane. Except the numbers. And retail associated terms.
6. I never buy the right color foundation.. Make-up and I are just bad together,
7. I've been attacked by cats tons of times, but my love is eternal.
8. I curse way too much. I'm hardly the lady I should be.
9. I graduated number six in my class. I was happy. So very happy.
10. Mexican legends creep me the HELL out. I've literally stayed up til the sun came out so I could drive home from a friend's house. They tell stories of their encounters, conveniently in a dark, eerie setting, and it ruins me!
11. It's hard for me to get rid of clothing because of all the memories I tie to them. I don't know how many times I've panicked because I thought I lost my favorite hat.
1. Would you rather sky dive or bungee jump?
YES. After much mental preparation. More than likely when I get to that age where I feel like I should start my bucket list. But not now. No, not now. D:
2. What is your favorite beverage?
Chick-Fil-A tea! And all other teas take a close second.
3. What would your perfect day be like?
Cutest question ever. Any day in Houston is already perfect enough, but it'd have to be a sunny day with a temperature cool enough for my favorite hat. I'd have to do some early morning thrift therapy because I'm an addict. Then it's off to the beach. Or some type of beachy atmosphere so I can enjoy a cute picnic and take countless photos of the sun setting and the ugly sand castle I know I'd surely attempt. It may be ugly, but I'll be proud. All the while this is happening, I'll have frizz free hair. PERFECT.
4. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to be happy with a simplistic lifestyle. I want to be surrounded by kittens and amazing people. I want to be doing the things i love to do with everything figured out for myself.
5. What inspired you to start blogging?
I can remember the blogger that started it all for me. Well the blogger that started my blog creeping because I wouldn't consider myself a blogger. A good one anyways. Liebemarlene was the first blogger I ever came across. From there I found myself going mad over cute posts after cute posts from such inspiring women. The entire blogger community is just something you can't walk away from without wanting to be apart of it. Even if it is only with one post every.. month or so haha.
6. What do you do (work, school, play, all)?
I'm an assistant manager at a store called Melrose. It's probably the most opposite place from my sense of style, but it doesn't matter. The ties you create with other employees, and the influence you can make on a group of people makes it... pretty great. Other than that I'm always shopping and thinking up things I can do with my time but rarely execute said plans. One day.
7. Favorite film or television show? Why?
My favorite film has to be The Craft. No idea why. It was just... something I was infatuated with as a tike. I remember doing the whole 'light as a feather, stiff as a board' chant in elementary. And now I buy things that remind me of the 90's, which The Craft completely embodies. I have tons of favorite movies though. But I'll settle for this one.
8. What do you love most about yourself? Why?
This is about to get weird. At the heel of my foot there's a bump of skin that you can't see, but if you glide over it with a finger, you can feel it. Almost the size of the babiest pimple. It's something that gets brought up a lot for some reason. One of the wonders of the world to my family. My dad used to call me over to the room when i was younger. He'd spend forever examining my heel, with toe nail clippers, until he got rid of that bump of skin. But it ALWAYS grew back. And it would always piss him off. Bad.
9. What are three things on your bucket list?
I honestly haven't really thought of a bucket list for myself. I feel like when I get to that age, a list will just pop in my head or something. Is that now how it works?! WELL, I definitely want to travel. Of course. I've barely been out of Texas, but one day when I need a break, I'd love to visit other countries. I'd also like to be the head hancho of an animal shelter. Even if it's happening just in my back yard. I just want to be able to pick up any animal I see and be able to provide love and care to them. And I guess a third one that I'm just going to throw out. To own a ton of hats. Hat's are my calling. I want a perfect collection of hats.
10. What is your favorite season?
Fall! Fall has all the best holidays. I can wear a sweater and not look crazy the way I do when I wear a sweater in the Summer. Lastly, Fall doesn't make me angry the way Houston Winter does. It's supposed to be cold in the winter, right? Or am I missing something?
11. Who (if anyone) is your role model? Why?
Mum. She's come up from nothing and I couldn't be more proud of her. I hope that one day I can have the strength she does.
1. Lyd of Lydeeloo
2. K. Cruz of On a Cruz'
3. Franky of snippets+scribbles
4. Irlanda of Irlanda Priscilla
5. Ellana of the betties
6. Hattie of Hattitude Style Blog
7. Lydia of and this is peak.
8. Laras of Petunia Princess
9. Vanessa of V-age
10. Sienna of Style Misfit
11. ThaBu :D of LoveThaBu<3<3<3
1. What is you favorite material possession and why?
2. Do you believe in ghosts? Any encounters?
3. What three items can you not live without (figuratively speaking ha)?
4. What's your go to outfit?
5. If you were to have a collection of something, anything, what would it be? Books? Clown figurines?! And why?
6. What's your favorite childhood memory?
7. How has blogging affected you, if at all?
8. Where do you seek inspiration?
9. What do you love/hate about where you live?
10. Who's your favorite musical artist?
11. How would you like people to remember you?
Probably my longest blog post. I enjoyed this. Ladies, if you end up taking the torch, let me know! :D